I want to buy new set of tires for my toyota tacoma 4x4 double cab 2006 model... I want big, good handling and sporty or off road looking tires in the original R16 rims, THANX JOJO

JERVIS
25

Asked by JERVIS Nov 20, 2007 at 06:27 PM about the 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB w/manual

I want to buy new set of tires for my truck, toyota tacoma 2006 V6,4X4 double cab.....What is the best good handling and sporty or off road looking tires.... I want big tires, What size and brand of tires is the best for my original R16 rims.... No body lifting....
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH....

JOJO ALCANTARA
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

24,935

I would look to the Michelin or Goodyear brands as the best mixture of sporty and offroad performance. My parents also put a nice set of Cooper light truck tires on their stock 1992 Jeep Cherokee 15" rims that turned out very nice -- aggressive tread, don't need to be rotated, and did not need to lift the vehicle to do it.

Jonathan Lewis
55

I have 285/75 16 Kumho RoadVenter AT's on mine. Worked great for offroad, highway, deep standing water, and ice/snow. They're 32.8" tall and about the biggest you can go. They have about 1/4" clearance between the tire and UCA so they rub slightly when turning lock to lock. I have the stock wheels at the moment. Spacers or wheels with different back space would eliminate the UCA rub, but case the outside edge of the tire to rub the body mount behind the wheels. Many people have cut back the body mount, and welded a flat plate of steel over the hole to get the needed clearance. Personally, I just deal with a 1/2" long rub mark on the UCA. I have a 3" suspension lift so that helps a little, but either way you won't fit larger tires without some work

David Elwood
45

I would recommend a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's. If you don't want to lift it I would go with a 265/75R16. These should fit on a stock tacoma. They will be a little bit taller than the stock size but should still fit. Another cool thing about the silent armor's, tough aggressive tread design for off-road conditions, but still a good smooth ride on the road as well. They are going to be my next set of tires. I work in a tire shop fyi, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.