What makes valve racker arms come loose on 05 chevy malibu

45jmn
0

Asked by 45jmn Jan 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Base

I heard noise under valve cover, after removing it I found four rocker arms so loose I was able to remove them with my hand

45,715

I haven't heard about that one. What engine do you have?

45jmn
0

A 2,2 liter fuel injected with dual cam shafts and I think the rocker arm lifters are self adjusting

45,715

I have the same Ecotec engine in my 2002 Grand Am. Check in at Ecotecforum.com to see if anyone has heard of it. I have my cam cover off twice a year to swap for the show season. I visually inspect my cams and timing chain. I'll have to make sure my bolts are snug in the future.

45jmn
0

I want to make sure my bolts are snug,I found the specs in a chilton's repair manual but it says to use ft.lbs.unless othrwise indicated.they list the specs as follows,INTAKE REAR CAP BOLTS 18,ALL OTHER CAMSHAFT BOLTS 89 IN-LBS. my torque wrench measures foot pounds on one scale and M KGS on the other side,Am not sure what 89 IN-LBS is,