2005 Impala ABS and traction control light comes on. .

chevyman388
20

Asked by chevyman388 Apr 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Impala LS

It sounds like something is slipping in the front end when taking off or turning while going slow. Everything is fine at higher speeds. The traction light goes out but the ABS light stays on.Replaced hubs but after a few months the problem is back. Now it feels like brake pedal is pushing back against my foot.

14,195

your abs is turning on thats whats making the brake pedal push back on your foot. you need to get the trouble codes read somewhere either at a shop or parts store. one you have the code it will point you in the right direction.

GMCustomerService
1,335

I can understand the frustration experienced when lights are on inside the dash. Can you help me understand something; is your ABS light still on in the vehicle or were you questioning the pressure/ push that you were feeling from the pedal? Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Service

chevyman388
20

The ABS and traction control lights come on. When this happens the brake pedal tries to "push back" against my foot whenever I apply the brakes. This happens about 70-80% of the time when I drive this car. It did this several months ago and I was told by a mechanic that the front hubs needed to be replaced. Both hubs were replaced and the problem went away for a few months but has since returned. Sometimes it sounds like something is slipping in the front wheels and the brakes "vibrate" but this is only under low speed such as in a parking lot.

14,195

Go get the dtc's checked. You probably have a wheel speed sensor fault. If you have a light on a dtc has been stored you need a scan tool to figure out what that dtc is

12,845

You will need an abs scan tool, auto zones cheap scanner won't pick up the abs code.