I took 2005 chevy Impala for oil or dark fluid shooting out on right side of engine, they say they cannot find a leak but their diagnostic codes say the computer is bad and they want 472.00 to fix.?

Brenda Elkins
0

Asked by Brenda Aug 18, 2014 at 09:20 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Impala Base

jamnblues
8,755

one problem at a time- wait on the "computer" until you find the fluid leak- as long as the car is running well, don't worry about a computer replacement- hard to tell from here, but this sounds suspicious, like the garage is just making work for themselves-

Brenda Elkins
0

You know what? they can nnot find anyplace it could be leaking, I have had it three times at places and no one says they can find it. It is like a spray, it sprays back on the coolant jug and motor. It has run for over a year like that but then the check engine light came on and I took it in and they hooked it up and said it was the computer, diffferent than the oil spray problem.( It does not burn oil or leak it out on the ground.)

114,065

Could the residue be from the power steering reservoir and the serpentine belt flinging it up onto the motor?

Brenda Elkins
0

When I went to get the car they said it the computer they wanted 440.00 or 731 for a new one. I just gave them $140.00 they said was for diagnostic check, 75 for it and the rest was time spent. Well My daughter took it to Auto Zone and their computer said it was a cam sensor, which is a much cheaper fix I found out. The check engine light came on a few days and it does run rough and somewhat louder. Daughters boyfriend is taking to a friend to see what his diagnostic says in the morning. About whatever is flying all over the left side of engine is coming from under power steering pump I think but no one can find a leak they say. I have drove it almost a year that way.

Brenda Elkins
0

I am a 60 year old woman, I am wondering if they are cheating me? for all they charged for diagnostic you think that would have shown up then? HOw long can a serpentine belt throw the fluid up before breaking down?