my abs light comes on and then the service traction system comes on.how do i fix

chrizztopher
5

Asked by chrizztopher Mar 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Impala Base

the abs light keeps coming on and the service traction system light comes on.plus the trac off button does not work andsays the trac is off.car seems to feel like its driving with the brakes on.replaced brakes about 6 months ago.they were fine .also my cluster has all but stoped working.also car overheats alot.replaced thermostat,water pump,flushed radiater,new hoses,also car shakes a little,has new tires,just started resently.also the heater would really only work when i was giving the car gas,replaced the heater core ,and it still kinda does the same thing.

judge_roy

one of the wheel sensors is triggering the light. tenspeed told me about these. Check the connections to the cluster, may be just a stupid plastic connector what's causing all the fuss-

12,835

Definitely not the cluster, its your wheel bearing going bad and the gap between the sensor and tooth ring are getting too far apart. Does the pedal occasionally vibrate when coming to a stop also?

judge_roy

have your wheels inspected~