What model is my Impala?

jkantone
25

Asked by jkantone Jul 24, 2007 at 02:23 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Impala Base

Ok I know it sounds like a silly question but I bought my Impala used a few months ago and noticed some variances that wasnt sure of. First I was told onstar was standard in all models of the Impala in 2005 I dont have it. Next I have the 3.4l only avalable with the base model but I have cruise control and traction control which was supposedly only offered on 3.8l models. I also have the power split bench which is supposed to be an LS option. On the outside the base model came with black body moldings and it was color matched on an SS and optional on the LS but I have color matched molding on my base model. Also I have the standard SS spoiler and rims I know the spoiler was an option for all models but the SS 5-spokes weren't. So you tell me what MODEL is my IMPALA?

nosirrahg
45

I'd go to carfax.com and type in your VIN number and see what it turns up. I've got a 2000 Impala base model, but w/the 3.8l and dual-power bench seat (you couldn't get a bench in the LS in 2000, so I ended up heavily optioning a base model to get what I wanted). I'm not as familiar with the options on the 2005 model, but I was under the impression that the only way to get traction control was with the 3.8l engine.

kcsleepy35
10

u have a base model impala. i can tell by the engine. u have a 3.4L engine and the LS and SS models have a 3.8L engine. your car just has the body of the other models. the engine tells it all.

fischer2212
0

i heve the the 38 and i hav the traction controle