starts then dies

wcarthur
25

Asked by wcarthur Apr 04, 2008 at 05:34 PM about the 1992 Toyota Previa 3 Dr Deluxe All-Trac AWD Passenger Van

My toyota Previa intermittently has this problem:  it starts fine, and then dies.  Or sometimes it won't even start.  Most of the time, it runs fine without any problems.

papa

could need replaceing fuel filter.

27,475

Agreed, or perhaps a tune-up or fuel pump.

aethomasthomas
0

check the air flow system under hood from filter to engine

martyman
85

Some of the computers in 1992 [which is located under the drivers seat] screw up .dissconnect batery cable...and remove computer ...open in up carefully..and check to see if its spotless..if it has corrosion on it ..replace it ..with a used on ..usually cheap at a pick your own part place Auto wrecker ..Ive change a few for customers over the years..1991 to 1994 computers work on yours..good luck