1995 Toyota Pickup 2.4 pre-Tacoma

tmatt
0

Asked by tmatt Mar 02, 2013 at 06:19 PM about the 1995 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

Will not pass smog because idle and timing don't match when being tested. New
catalytic convertor and timing and idle set by mechanic.

judge_roy

...and your question is?...well. good luck on your retest. Besure a factory replacement fuel cap is at hand in case they want to ding you on that, be sure the air filter is new- good luck~

judge_roy

when the timing was checked the vacuum connection should have been golf-teed off, perhaps bozo did not put this back the way it was-

7jimmy7
10,605

why do they care? looking at emissions,timing changes with rpm

7jimmy7
10,605

I dont know the setup they do ,man im glad we dont have that crap around here,that is so phony,older cars can get exemptions in some states i know

judge_roy

like those that run Ethyl and have never heard of a converter, and the exhaust smells like nothing I've smelled before in this millenia- Having my 1961 Olds fitted with hardened valves to the tune of $1600 found it too wonky and chassis mounts rusting and basically ended up giving it away to my bro in low-