i have a problem, my truck won't start when it is hot the engine just turning , but when it is cold it start right a way

rodel
5

Asked by rodel Aug 24, 2011 at 06:56 PM about the 1995 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr SR5 4WD Extended Cab SB

Mike Lundy
75

You need a new starter. My '92 truck had the same problem. When the brushes inside of old starters get hot, they expand and start shorting to the magnets inside the case. Once it cools down, the brushes contract and break contact with the magnets and allow it to work. Let me know if this helps.

DUBFresno
50

i have 1985 toyota pick up start fine when engine cold, but if take the car to store or some places for 20 to 30 minutes, The truck will not start, feel like the starter hardlly trun. Take batter and startery to Autozone and told me battery and starter looks fine.Any suggestion what is wrong? Starter or something esle?

Juan Hernandez
130

I hav the same problem with my 1989 Toyota pickup its usually only happens during the summer but it starts fine in the morning but if I drive it around for 30min or so and park it, the truck won't start unless I let it sit for a couple of hours and I have had my starter replaced and my battery checked ... Has any one know reason for why this happens