2005 Highlander Check Engine-VSC light on. No other symptoms

Tvolker
0

Asked by Tvolker Jun 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM about the 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 AWD

My daughter inadvertently filled the tank with diesel fuel.  Needless to say the car sputtered to a halt a short distance from the gas station.  The gas tank was pumped out and flushed at a garage and now runs fine.  However the check engine-vsc light remains on.  Any ideas?

DavidH25

Hmmmm.........VSC is Vehicle Stability Control. The two may not be related, the diesel in the tank and VCS light coming on...I don't see how they could be since you had the fuel system flushed properly. Let me see if I can find a way to re set that light, and then see if it comes back on.

DavidH25

Possibly a vacuum line got accidentally pulled off during the flush . Open the vehicle's hood and examine the engine compartment. Locate the air filter box mounted to the left of the engine. The air filter box features a black exterior, square in shape, and a large ribbed intake hose. Check all of the small black vacuum lines surrounding the air filter box. Reconnect any disconnected or loose vacuum lines you find. Start the engine and drive the vehicle to clear the "VSC" warning light displayed on the dashboard. If the VSC light fails to go out after driving the vehicle normally, proceed to the next step. Park the vehicle, turn off the engine and set the parking brake. Open the vehicle's hood and disconnect the battery's negative cable for 15 seconds, using an appropriate size socket. Disconnecting the negative battery cable will reset the vehicle's computer and clear the "VSC" warning.

Best Answer
judge_roy

Buy a diesel....this will not happen this way again~