Parking lights stay on

Mike_HL
105

Asked by Mike_HL Dec 04, 2009 at 06:53 PM about the 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited V6

Our parking lights stay on after turning off the vehicle.  I had to disconnet the battery so they would stay off overnight.

Any ideas?

Mike_HL
105

Driver's front door window would not roll up, mechanic determined that switch was broken and pulled up window. After that, now have a problem that park lights stay on when vehicle off, as well as backlight of the stereo and the air conditioning. I assume the mechanic did something when he checked the switch that might have caused electrical problem? Please help! The mechanic was closed when I discovered the problem and won't be open tomorrow (Saturday), no way to get ahold of him.

Lancero
70

I am having the same problem with my 2000 4runner. I have had an aftermarket alarm system for six years and thought my factory alarm was disabled. But, the other day, I had my car locked and the windows down. When I unlocked a door by hand, the alarm went off, but the factory alarm also sounded the horn. I disarmed the aftermarket alarm with the remote and the horn stopped honking when I put the key in the ignition and turned the key. However, the parking lights are on and won't turn off, even when the vehicle is turned off. Please advise.

Jimebob
10

My 2007 Highlander is doing the same thing, parking lights stay on when everything is off. The first time it happened, the drivers side window was rolled 1/2 way down (mid-winter, I don't no how the window rolled down), so this sounds eerily similar to the first post. If I take out the "towing" fuse, the lights behave normally (on when driving, off when off), so I think it has something to do with my after-market trailer hook-up. Any fixes or ideas?