Parking lights stay on

Mike_HL
55

Asked by Mike_HL Dec 04, 2009 at 06:53 PM about the 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited V6

Our parking lights stay on after turning off the vehicle.  I had to disconnet the battery so they would stay off overnight.

Any ideas?

Mike_HL
55

Driver's front door window would not roll up, mechanic determined that switch was broken and pulled up window. After that, now have a problem that park lights stay on when vehicle off, as well as backlight of the stereo and the air conditioning. I assume the mechanic did something when he checked the switch that might have caused electrical problem? Please help! The mechanic was closed when I discovered the problem and won't be open tomorrow (Saturday), no way to get ahold of him.

Lancero
50

I am having the same problem with my 2000 4runner. I have had an aftermarket alarm system for six years and thought my factory alarm was disabled. But, the other day, I had my car locked and the windows down. When I unlocked a door by hand, the alarm went off, but the factory alarm also sounded the horn. I disarmed the aftermarket alarm with the remote and the horn stopped honking when I put the key in the ignition and turned the key. However, the parking lights are on and won't turn off, even when the vehicle is turned off. Please advise.

Jimebob
0

My 2007 Highlander is doing the same thing, parking lights stay on when everything is off. The first time it happened, the drivers side window was rolled 1/2 way down (mid-winter, I don't no how the window rolled down), so this sounds eerily similar to the first post. If I take out the "towing" fuse, the lights behave normally (on when driving, off when off), so I think it has something to do with my after-market trailer hook-up. Any fixes or ideas?