Where would a person find the block heater on the 2003 toyota corolla

Jennifer
0

Asked by Jennifer Jan 12, 2007 at 10:55 PM about the 2003 Toyota Corolla S

I am trying to find the block heater on my car so that I can see if it has a plug to plug it in, in the cold.  Where do I find it.

bovan
9,570

Hello Jennifer-- If your car has one (they were not standard equipment) it would be located at the front of the engine underneath the exhaust manifold. The electrical cord would be fairly obvious in that area. Good luck from Bovan.

feliciasman
0

2002 and older models that is the case, on 2003 and newer, apparently it's in the back of the motor and doesn't even go into the water jacket, just a hole in the block where it heats the metal around it. I'm still trying to find the exact location.

microblue4
0

Good luck! I'm trying to find mine as well; it certainly hasn't been put anywhere that is easy to see it and check to see if the cord is plugged into it. What a fiendish design! -31 C (-23.8 F) here tomorrow night; I guess I'll use the old trick of leaving a light bulb next to the engine and putting a blanket over it all!

papa

should be on driver side finder well under hood will see just enought to plug into,