Why would my incar and satellite radio stop working

ABianco
0

Asked by ABianco Apr 20, 2013 at 09:23 PM about the 2003 Toyota Corolla LE

Toyota Corolla,2003.My radio acts like there is no electrical connection,but everything tests hot.What could the problem possibly be???

judge_roy

ground wire from battery to chassis must be examined to be able to pull 300 CCA, and the one leading to the engine block....need good ground...and lots of it, one could test the effectiveness of the ground at various locations, but a 2003 is going to have to have a new battery if not already, be sure the installation is free of corrosion, clean the 'little lollipop' connector on the hot side too-

18,285

I would think whatever moudle/receiver that works the satellite radio needs to be inspected perhaps there is a fault with the antenna thats accepts the signal or a connection issue. Your subscription is valid I assume. I wouldnt be to worried about cold cranking amps in this instance since its not a question for a starting issue.

judge_roy

okay, it's NOT a good idea to be able to pull 300 amps through the ground? when is it not a good idea to have a kick-ass healthy electrical system? what you gonna start pulling every statement apart now? I'll just friggin' quit now---gbye~

18,285

Well not all just approx. 90%

gorby
0

My guess is that the ground connection on the receiver may be faulty. When you confirmed that the hot was good, you may have used a different ground reference. If the ground is good, then perhaps an internal fuse is bad (downstream from where you checked).