1994 Corolla was hit by a car going 10 mph drivers door.its vibrating and making a rattling/rumbling noise when the accelerator is held down. what is wrong?

Anthony Smit
185

Asked by Anthony Mar 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM about the 1994 Toyota Corolla DX

There is no pulling or shaking when accelerating or deceleration, only when holding speed and it seems to disappear when going
65 or faster. the sound and shaking is on the drivers side front of car.

45,605

It got hit. It is now rattling and rumbling. You want to know what's wrong? --- It's really hard to diagnose accident damage using a keyboard. It's probably damage to the wheel or suspension. Did you have it checked out before you risked your life by taking it on the public highways at 65 mph?

judge_roy

GET that inconsiderate driver's info, and take 'em to court...will glady pay the cost of repair rather than be dragged through the justice system-

DavidH25

Really, TS. Tony we would have to see the car to make an accurate assessment of what is going on with your car. This is one of those. The door and front fender are out of alignment, and going down the road, sure, it will shake rattle and roll. 10mph does not sound like a lot, but my insurance had to pay out $400 on a 1mph bump, Lincoln Town Car vs. uh, good grief now I can't remember what it was..small. And ditto, do not drive at 65 or even less 'till it's fixed, and a 94 could be totaled.

judge_roy

Does your steering have excessive play? you know you are crazy for continuing to drive this...like my cohort says "risking your life"....well y'know, mine tooo-

DavidH25

It's worth under $2k. Maybe totaled.

judge_roy

@DavidH25 how you likin' the lincoln? is it as mattressy as all that, and bouncy like a quinn-martin production 70s car?

DavidH25

I got rid of it after I bought my Corolla, becoming a a money pit. a '90. But I loved it.

Anthony Smit
185

Thanks guys. I am going to get it checked out tomorrow