2005 cavalier defrost clicking

Richard Steinberg
10

Asked by Richard Nov 07, 2012 at 05:56 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

defrost doesn't work clicks when cold

DavidH25

does the heater work if you set in to 'floor' or 'dash"? Do you get hot air from there or are you talking windshield only? Or are we on the same page at all? Back window defroster? And where is clicking coming from? Get back to me (us) and maybe we can figure this out

Richard Steinberg
10

Noise comes from the right front (passenger side) dash. I changed blower assy. I didn't see anything inside duct work. When it is cold in the a.m. it will click till it gets warm. Heat comes out other places but not the defrost. It starts working after warm. Clicking noise is consistant and doesn't change with fan speed. Cables seem to be working with the sound of vent doors. I think it is possibly a relay for a/c,but it is loud for a relay. Thanks Rick

DavidH25

Rick man you're a step ahead of me already, that's where I was going. Sorry I was no help maybe somebody that knows more than I do can

Richard Steinberg
10

Any ideas on this one?

awesome1234
20

My car does the exact same thing and has been for the past 3 years except everything still works fine, its just a loud noise. I am not sure the exact name but it is "something actuator" . It is a $500 fix and because it still works fine and is only a noise I have not fixed it. My car used to only do it when it was cold out but now it does it all the time, does not matter the temperature. If you turn the blower assay all the way to the left the noise should stop or at least does in mine