If Ive been running synthedic oil in my car for 3000 miles but I am doing an oil change do I have to keep running the synthedic oil or can I use regular? Again?

Vonette
0

Asked by Vonette Apr 24, 2013 at 03:48 AM about the 2001 Toyota Camry CE

DavidH25

If you used a good fully synthetic like Mobil1 or Castrol Edge you don't need an oil change at 3000 miles. It will last much longer...unless you live in the desert or something and drive on dusty dirt roads a lot. Tenspeed taught me about "Bobistheoilguy" he explains about motor oil very very well. Google him for more. I have heard conflicting opinions about switching back and forth. But this guy knows his stuff

45,765

You can switch to regular oil if you wish. It is better to pick one type and brand of oil and stick with it. Oil manufacturers have different additive packages. Here's a link to the site - http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor- oil-101/

Trucster
105

If the motor oil meets the minimum SAE rating (or better) you can switch back and forth from synthetic to blend to regular. I've been doing it for 38 years, altho rarely go back to regular oil. I generally run 7000 - 10000 miles on a change and in those years have NEVER had an engine problem in high mileage (100,000 - 200,000) cars. Good luck.