I can hear water behind the dash as if it caught there. once it is warn I no longer hear it. What do you think it could be and can I drain it%3F

Vonette
0

Asked by Vonette Apr 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM about the 2001 Toyota Camry CE

45,695

Check you coolant level. The sound of gurgling water comes from air in the coolant as it passes through the heater core.

Vonette
0

The overflow is always full but I will check the actual radiator when it is safe to do so. Thank you for your time.

BURT100
440

Yeah sounds like an air bubble in the coolant system. there is an amazing amount of coolant/water in the whole system. and its easy to get and air bubble if you don't watch as you refill your system. Another thought have you had your radiator cap tested if it leaks that could lead to overflow and air intake Also a small coolant leak that lets coolant seep out,(radiator hose connection,old hoses crack, heater coil hoses, etc.) causing the air intake Good Luck HTH