What tire sizes will work on a 2001 Toyota Camry?

Quietmann
0

Asked by Quietmann Feb 13, 2012 at 09:07 PM about the 2001 Toyota Camry CE

"My 2001 Camry uses 205/65/15 tires. That size is scarce in my area, so the dealers jack up the prices. Do I have options for other sized tires? e.g. 205/60? a wider tire?"
What other sizes will work?

Tim Robson
105

in short you can't really change the tyre size it will put out your speedometer, affect the handling ect if getting tyres is a problem an easier soloution would be to change to some 16 inch rims and have a tyre with the same rolling circumferance fitted approx 205/50/16. the tyre shop can tell you the exact size it will cost more to change but this will also make it a more common size and therefore an easier tyre to find and cheaper to buy as there will be a larger range to pick from.

Nick Bintzler
5

if you trust ordering off the internet, TIRERACK.COM will have a large selection of tires for you at all diferent prices

alfort
0

Similar question: I have a 2004 Solara with 17" rims. Can I change them to 15"or 16" Camry rims? I also would like to be able to buy more reasonable tires. The 17's look cool, but the tires are more expensive. I understand the circumference issue.

Dave Cardona
5

Yes you can undersize your tires, and you can oversize, as long as the overall diameter meets the original stock diamter i.e, a small wheel but slightly taller tire, or a bigger wheel, but slightly shorter tire. There is a formula for it, i can't remember exactly what it is, but if you go to a tire store they will be able to tell you what will work without changing the speedometer.