Is it best to replace the water pump when replacing the timing belt?

fabriccare
0

Asked by fabriccare Feb 02, 2013 at 05:48 PM about the 2000 Toyota Camry LE V6

2000 Camry V 6  155000 miles

DavidH25

Yes. Might as well. The cost of the water pump is negligible when you pay labor to do the timing belt at the same time, especially on a 13 year old car

Rodney Harne
150

I would ur already right their at it makes sense.

Chris Sanker
135

yes, it is right there and you don't want to have to pay twice, I have done many of them both ways, and I have done many of the ones I did just a belt on twice because the pumo started leaking and if it gets on the belt then the belt is no longer good anymore and is more prone to breaking

Michael Tutty
5,375

I don't know about your car specifically, but on a lot of Japanese cars, you have no choice. They seal with a crush washer, and you have to rebuild the pump to replace that crush washer. If you don't it WILL leak, and in fairly short order.

01bigjon
1,105

Yes I always do seals and tensioner belts.waterpumpaometimes hose Ck brkts ft and back change oil and flush radiator And it will last and last and last I have 250.000 on my camry And it runs great still and it's never left me anywhere Not one tow bill.

01bigjon
1,105

Yes also seals and ck tension over 125000'replace tension bearing and idler also cam seal and crank seal.waterpump drive belts t belt as we'll Drive it for another 100000 miles my car has 250'ooo runs Ike new, no oil burning and it's smooth, 1993 camry 4 banger