OIL LEAK 96' Camry 4cy.

Taylor Richardson
0

Asked by Taylor Apr 19, 2011 at 03:43 PM about the 1996 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 96' 4cy. Camry that has been leaking oil for the past year. We have tried a few things like the valve cover and oil pan seal but still go through a quart of oil a week. I have had someone that has looked and said they thinks it's coming somewhere right around the driver side tire? Any ideas? I'M SPENDING WAY TO MUCH ON OIL AND JUST WANT TO GET THE PROBLEM FIXED! THANKS!:)

Momba21
1,735

Toyota's are notorious for the oil pressure switch leaking. Obviously is under pressure and will leak a ton of oil. Is also very cheap to replace. Usually $60-$100 including parts and labor.

Jay Laflamme
165

best way to find out is to clean the whole underside of the motor (to clean any oil already there, since while driving, the oil sprays all over the place) put the car up on ramps, start it up, and go check underneath. could be rear crank seal, if you say its on the drivers side. if thats the case, youll see motor oil spilling out somewhere between transmission and motor. if you need that fixed, consult a mechanic