1995 Toyota Camry LE 4cy-why so much vibration while idiling in gear?

jacal613
0

Asked by jacal613 Feb 23, 2009 at 10:01 PM about the 1995 Toyota Camry LE

I love my 1995 Camry LE which I recently purchased from a woman who took excellent care of it and serviced it regularly.  The car runs great and smooth and is outstandingly responsive.  I just wonder why the car tends to vibrate a bit much while idiling in gear (drive) at a stoplight.  Is this normal, and if not
what can I do to remedy this?
     Would greatly appreciate responses to this.
     Thank's to all.

singison
55

Does the check engine light stay on or flash? If so you can take it to Autozone to have codes read and that will narrow the problem. If not check plugs, wires, air filter, make sure the gas cap is tight, I know that sounds weird but these cars need to have a sealed fuel system to operate properly.

jacal613
0

Thanks for reply, the check engine light luckily isn't on, however I think it's about due for a new set of plugs and wires. Sounds like that could do the trick. Thanks again

585jim0
285

There is some one else that has the same prob. Sounds to me like the exhaust pipe is resting against.the sway bar

DavidH25

Yeah 585jim, I noticed that also that somebody else posted a very similar question, it's a tough one. I agree, have the diagnostic codes read, I don't know how much, if anything they charge Below is a link that is much,much more than simple owners manuals that I have found helpful, you can even look up your car's service history and something very much like a car-fax http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/login?

DavidH25

I see it didn't turn blue for a direct link but cut or copy it and paste it in your web- address box, not the search engine and it will take you there. Put your car's VIN number in the place they provide and you will find a wealth of information, I did anyway.

7,965

check motor mounts. Check ignition timing if adjustable, retarded timing makes it shake. Just to me sure, its a shake that creates a low tone sound heard at idle, not a rattleing sound

01bigjon
1,015

Does it run worse in rain

meanymaus
0

Yes my 95 carry drives shakier in rain vibrated at stop lights and signs. Has 200700 miles