How do I open Rear Tail Light compartment to replace bulb? Owners manual shows 2 philips screws. Covered just pops off?

Tom_95_Camry
0

Asked by Tom_95_Camry Nov 04, 2007 at 11:31 AM about the 1995 Toyota Camry DX

papa

NO,open trunk and you will see plastic type plugs with twist off knuts remove and pull out whole light assembly,also in some toyota,s is a flip up cover and bulbs are in a pop out white plastic box look in trunk and you eill see eather one .

Tom_95_Camry
0

Thanks Papa. I did finally figure it out. I opened the trunk, pulled the anchors out of the sound insulation / liner of the trunk behind the light, and pulled the insulation away. This exposed 2 small bolts (one with a grounding wire exposed). I removed the bolts and the light housing came loose but not free. I had to force 2 plastic anchors to free up the light housing. Replacing the bulb was a snap. Then, putting it back was a little more difficult because one of the plastic anchors was attached to a loose fitting which kept falling off as I tried to replace it. But, I finally succeeded. Thanks for you help!

papa

glaid i could help