why wont my 2003 toyota avalon shift in gear it is stuck on park. It wont even move.

nosmo
1,495

Asked by nosmo Apr 19, 2013 at 09:52 PM about the 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS

why wont my 2003 toyota avalon shift in gear it is stuck on park. It wont even move. Cold
it be a fuse?

judge_roy

here are some technical service bulletins, we will look it over together to try to spot your problem~>>>http://www.automd.com/tsb/toyota_m/avalon_mm/2003_y/

judge_roy

there was one about reprogramming your ecu. you could check the deniability from your local toyota dealership~

judge_roy

for a temporary fix, disconnect the negative battery terminal. stomp on the brakes five separate times, put the cable back on. Things should have reset themselves and you'll be on your way...tell me how this works out...a bit of a tail of the donkey, heard of success heard of failure~

14,165

To answer the question. Yes it could be a fuse. I always check fuses first.

14,165

who's got something agaisnt nosmo?

Trucster
105

You probably know, but if you have the steering wheel turned sharply when you turn off the engine and there is pressure on the wheel, the ignition will lock and not turn on until you slightly turn the steering wheel to relieve the pressure.

judge_roy

engine mount could be the culprit...put a floorjack with a wood block, jack it up 1/2 an inch and note any splitting of the rubber...the fact that when you are turning creates problems sounds like the tip-off here~