why does my avalon do a loud noise in the engine compartment when I turn on the ac the same time I turn on the car.

nosmo
1,495

Asked by nosmo Mar 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM about the 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS

why does my avalon do a loud noise in the engine compartment when I turn on the ac the same time I
turn on the car.also when I clean the engine compartment it does a loud screeching noise when I turn it
on?

45,705

The serpentine belt is slipping. When you first start the engine, the alternator is drawing a large load to recharge the battery. Add the A/C compressor load and the belt slips on the pulleys.