The abs light and the traction off light comes on on my 1998 Avalon whats wrong?

babygirl35
0

Asked by babygirl35 Feb 18, 2007 at 06:48 AM about the 1998 Toyota Avalon 4 Dr XLS Sedan

I was driving and something hit the bottom of my car and the lights start to come what is it?

10,415

Hello, Has it always done this? My Volvo had a similar problem. When it would rain, if I went through a puddle, all the lights would flash. I think what happens is the vehicle goes into a state in which it needs to make sure that its basic functions are working properly, then puts the electronics (ABS, traction) back in. If your car has always done this, my guess is this is what it is. It's annoying, but it is trying to protect you. However, if this is a new phenomenon, you may want to take it in to a mechanic, as it could mean you jarred something (e.g. wiring) loose when you hit the bottom of the car. Best of luck! CarGrrl

Best Answer