I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche with 218,000 miles. Oil and filter has been maintained at 3,000 mile intervals. At start, the oil pressure is in the normal range. After warm up (195 D) the oil pressure will drop if it idles down to 10psi. The low pressure alarm goes off until an increase in rpm which raises pressure. After several more minutes of running, the oil pressure is close to normal, no alarms and runs ok. There is a slight tick (possibly lifter) on the left side of the engine that has been since 75,000 miles. Should I :A- replace the engineB - Replace the oil pump, screen, flush oil panC-Let it go until motor is completely shot and replace truck / motor?

stevewhatdoon
0

Asked by stevewhatdoon Jul 25, 2013 at 06:33 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 4 Dr 1500 LT Crew Cab SB

2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 2WD
5.3 Liter V8 Flex fuel
All power options
218,000 miles
Regular oil and filter changes 3,000 mile intervals
Mostly highway miles for business travel
Bought new in 2005
LOVE THIS TRUCK!

14,145

Sounds like the oil pressure bypass valve is getting ready to say bye bye, as it is part of the oil pump I would do B. Lifter might quiet down with proper pressure and flow.