"Oil pressure low" flashes on instrument cluster but goes off after a few seconds.

CMcKinnie
0

Asked by CMcKinnie Nov 07, 2011 at 07:55 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 4 Dr 1500 LT Crew Cab SB

I had oil sensor replaced, still same message and dinging, in fact it got much worse.  Was told it was the stepper motor on the gauge was the problem.  Replaced the stepper motor and still dinging with message.  Do I need to have the oil pressure pump replaced?  Is it really not getting oil to the motor correctly?

GMCustomerService
1,335

CMcKinnie, I apologize for your frustrations. I don't have an answer to your question; however, here is my advice. Who is working on your vehicle? If it is a GM dealer, I would recommend asking them to involve Technical Assistance. If it is not a GM dealer, I would recommend going into one. Please keep me updated on your situation. Christina GM Customer Service