air conditioning and fan stop when accelerating, start again when gas pedal released

driveguy
0

Asked by driveguy Jul 23, 2012 at 01:44 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Astro AWD

typically at highway speeds

Fred Dawley
165

normal.car has a WOT switch built in. WOT is Wide Open Throttle. it turns off the a/c for passing. nothing to worry about.

PAPERNPASTE
75

The best direction in which I can point you is astrosafari.com. They have a forum there that you can join that has a lot of helpful guys from all over. I've received a GREAT deal of help from them.

Edward_P
0

Check the vacuum line suppling the air door, if it is leaking you will loose vacuum and the air door will default to the defrost position. If you find the air is coming out the defrost vent this is the trouble. The hose starts at the base of the PCV valve connection on the intake manifold and runs under the hood.