Windows won't work

Jh555
0

Asked by Jh555 Dec 09, 2010 at 06:49 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer and the windows will not roll down in the front by the drivers side or the passenger side. The windows in the back roll down if operated by the swiches in the back. Oh and not to mention the door locks will not operate either. I am so done with this car!!! Nothing but problems one after another with this thing.

Doran Harney
1,015

To me, it sounds like there's a problem in the connection(s) between the door harnesses and the main body harness, or in the individual connectors behind the interior door panels themselves. These can be difficult to access without the proper tools, unless you like breaking plastic body clips and wrecking the panels. You may also have problems with rattling and other such noises after reassembly unless it has been done just so. Just something to bear in mind if you're planning on fixing it yourself. Did you happen to have a stereo or speakers or anything similar installed recently? If so, I would take it back to whoever did the job and have them take care of the issue, unless it was happening before the installation. Hope this helps.

Jh555
0

I haven't had anything electrical done to the car. No radios or speakers just stock. I 'll check the harness...thanks for ur input.

Doran Harney
1,015

Certainly. Please let me know if this doesn't pan out, or if you find anything new, etc, and I do my best to help you resolve this issue.

Jon Romero
1,525

You could have a faulty master switch. i believe the lock switch is integrated into the window switch assembly. Make sure you have power and ground present at the switch and then probe the power window motor and see if you have battery voltage at the motor and that should tell you where your problem lies.

Shannon Grehan
25

I have an 03 and have the same problem - but it's only 1 of my rear windows! These are awesome trucks, but when one problem starts it does seem like chain reaction of bad events that follow. Good luck with your truck! All the best + Merry Christmas!

Doran Harney
1,015

Your issue sounds much more like a faulty window regulator, which is commonly the issue when only one window stops working. Multiple windows failing at the same time generally points to a larger electrical issue.

papa

the switch on driver door is bad.