How expensive is it to replace the ignition because key sticks and wont come out. Is it cheaper to buy part and have someone install rather than the dealer?

Gerri
0

Asked by Gerri May 25, 2007 at 11:12 AM about the 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4 Dr JLX 4WD SUV

My car key sticks in the ignition and wont come out all the time. I can shut off the engine but the car radio light is still on and I'm sure this must be draining the battery. I'm afraid the car isn't going to start one day.

LouB
13,020

Hi Gerri. This shouldn't be a terribly expensive job, but it's tricky and you will probably want a dealer doing it to ensure your steering column goes back together properly. Get a quote from your dealer to see what were are talking about here for hours and totals repair costs and then shop that around a little bit. Good luck!

nocar
0

Hi I will suggest u to check www.autopartsway.ca .The autoparts r quiet cheap here.

stevegr8
0

Hey dude i also suggest you about www.autopartsway.ca their shipment is also well on time

dptazzz
85

dealers are the absolute last place i go, period.......and dont always assume you can purchase the part cheaper. there are a few repair shops who charge what it costs them to get, not a 50% up charge like at a Meineke or Pep Boys.. always ask first, but i would still have someone replace it for you ( they wipe out your electronics or computer, they are on the hook, not you ),,,