What is the rule of thumb for preowned cars with high mileage?

blndlizzie
0

Asked by blndlizzie Aug 05, 2012 at 03:18 AM about the 2003 Suzuki Aerio 4 Dr GS AWD Sedan

I'm searching for a reliable vehicle. It would be for my son for school as well as a second car for my family. I  don't have alot to spend. Most of the cars in our price range have high miles on them and was wondering what is a good car that will last and be reliable for my family?

Alexander Babella
25

like what exactly are you looking for a car, truck, or suv?

68,135

Some cars have issues but if all were taken care of you can minimize headaches down the road. Make sure the Carfax is clean, and get an independent mechanic to check and go over the car before purchase. That way you know what your buying and you can use whatever they find wrong or needs attention as a bargaining tool. You might pick one that has a major issue that you want to avoid. A small price to pay for piece of mind. You want something safe for your son to drive for years to come.

IamBill46
35

Based on your requirement for a reliable 2nd family car, I would suggest looking for a Toyota. They tend to last given you follow maintenance guidelines. I would try and find a good condition Camry. Buying used from a dealer will give you some peace of mind, and I would suggest going this route.