How to Take Apart the A/C Heater control unit on a 2005 Impala

JuanAngelTorres
45

Asked by JuanAngelTorres Sep 20, 2013 at 09:34 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT

I need to replace the unit but I don't see any mounting screws to remove the panel surround.

JuanAngelTorres
45

So they are behind the board ?

judge_roy

JuanAngelTorres, sir I apologize, tho supposed to be an expert in ALL makes and models am acutely unaware of your environmental controls...these days they all seem to be the dorky touch screen (personally believe this is a step in the wrong direction), but a cable control would be an ancient interface by today's standards and would start looking for an ELECTRICAL solution here now...unless someone was a brute with the slider controls am goin' electrical, my friend~

judge_roy

...okay three rotatey dials...do we want to replace these? will look for a u- tube~

judge_roy

there is a certain "hilbilly wisdom" to this ape....surprisingly informative and climbs effortlessly through the planes of hell~______ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHm0md0Bb4

judge_roy

thank you for presenting me for an opportunity to experience this...as a carguru we need all we can gather....then forget~

judge_roy

that guy was a hoot!~

judge_roy

now we're getting down do business----would appreciate if any of this was helpful you could "mark helpful"...don't make no money, only those points under my name thank you senor~

Best Answer
JuanAngelTorres
45

Thank you guys for all your answers. I couldn't have done it without your help