electrical problems for 2006 impala

sleepy89
0

Asked by sleepy89 May 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT

I have a 2006 Chevrolet impala has a problem shifting .I had a lot of people look at it and they said it was a electrical problem.

ptkilbo
345

Sleepy - We need more information. What RPM does this occur? How many is a lot of people? Who are these people (certified mechanics?)? How did they determine it was electrical?

15,895

Shifting is accomplished by electronic solenoids inside the transmission. The solenoids are computer controlled and, unfortunately, prone to failure. First, check your transmission fluid level. While doing this inspect the fluid on the dipstick. If it's burnt as evidenced by a dark red or brown color you'll want to change the fluid. If the fluid level is ok you'll want to take it to a reputable transmission shop or Chevy dealer for proper diagnosis. I suspect a remanufactured transmission is in your future. HTH. -Jim