FAN PROBLEMS!!!!

TARGET2112
0

Asked by TARGET2112 Apr 21, 2013 at 03:06 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS

HI, I HAVE A 2006 IMPALA AND HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN I TURN ON MY AC THE COOLING FAN OR MOTOR DOES NOT COME ON. IT TAKES A WHILE THEN COMES ON FOR A FEW MINUTES BUT IF I TURN THE AC ON AND OFF IT TAKES A LONG TIME AGAIN SO IT CAN MOVE AND THAT MAKES MY CONDENSER HOT AND GET NO COLD AIR. wHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM? BAD FAN CONTROL MODULE OR FAN MOTOR . IS THE FAN MODULE BUILD IN THE COOLING FAN?

13,195

Try putting the selector on defrost. The A/C system comes on in defrost mode to dehumidify air blowing on the windshield. This prevents the windshield from fogging over. If your engine cooling fans then work normally I'd suspect the control panel on the dash is bad. HTH. - Jim

Sqeaksdad
60

I had same problem on my 2000 imp, you can try removing the the fan(s) fuse(60 amp on mine) and check it(ohm meter is handy) it might be good but not making good contact, gently clean tabs use some conductive grease after an re-install. You can do the same for the control fuses( 2 -25 amp on mine). Try temporarily unplugging temp sensor, does the fan come on? I hope this helps you trouble shoot it.