How do you turn off the traction control on a 06 unpalatable ls.

Colby Barefield
0

Asked by Colby Mar 05, 2013 at 02:53 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS

DavidH25

Unpalatable means you can't eat it...but anyway the Traction Control is tied in with the ABS and I could find nowhere that tells me how, or even if it can be turned off ..and it's not from lack of trying I went to several Impala sites and Impala enthusiasts forums searching

Racer_X
12,715

If there is NO button located anywhere that gives you the option to turn it off, you might not be able to. May I ask WHY you are trying to deactivate it? LOL@ "unpalatable"....what's up with that?

DavidH25

yep RacerX, I looked everywhere and the only way to turn off traction control is to also disable ABS, which is a very bad idea.

Racer_X
12,715

http://blog.nwautos.com/2010/10/why_would_anyone_ever_turn_off_tr action_control.html Colby...give this a read. I'm guessing you're probably wanting to have a more "spirited" driving experience with the Impala?

DavidH25

Racer I was curious and pasted that in and got "error: not found", then tried to open it directly off your post i a new tab: same. What did I do wrong?

49,655

Thankfully, my '02 Grand AM has a traction control button. I live in the snow belt and my driveway rises six foot to get to the road. I have to turn the traction control off to maintain momentum to get out of my driveway. With it on, the engine power is retarded and the car won't climb the hill.

49,655

http://blog.nwautos.com/2010/10/why_would_anyone_ever_turn_off_tracti on_control ---- I removed the letters to make "traction" a word and cut the stuff off the end. It worked for me. It basically says that you need traction control off to blast out of a snow drift.

Racer_X
12,715

Thanks tenspeed!

DavidH25

Thanks guys. That worked. Are those guys Click and Clack?

49,655

Yep, Tom and Ray from NPR. I tune in every weekend. Their site has a good local mechanics data base.