Where can I get a power programmer or get my ecu remapped

Colby Barefield
0

Asked by Nov 07, 2012 at 02:57 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS

I've looked online but didn't find much

John Leone
7,515

the dealer, or there are companies that do it, where are you geographically?

Colby Barefield
0

IL. I don't think that the dealers down here will do that

John Leone
7,515

may i ask the issue, or reason you think it is necessary?

Colby Barefield
0

To make my car go faster

Colby Barefield
0

And the programmer would get you better gas milage

Jason Zane
5,685

you can make it faster but mpg cannot get better; it is a trade-off. driving technique can help the mpg go up.

John Leone
7,515

i simply quit responding due to true stupidity

27,665

Lmfao

Chase Sutherland
5,875

you might optimize fuel to air ratios but your fuel efficiency isnt going to see any noticable gain. check in hp tuners and efi live to see if they will work with your car.

27,665

The computer already optimizes air to fuel ratio. If you go too rich or too lean it will trash the converter. Leaner air to fuel ratio saves gas but reduces power and richer a:f creates more power but not only uses more gas but it also goes to waste. The only place you will see increased power while increasing fuel economy is in the intake and exhaust, and the ONLY place it will help with power is when the engine is 4000+ RPM and the ONLY time it will help gas mileage is on the highway while going way over the speed limit. You want to see the MPG numbers that originally got posted on the window sticker? Do the speed limit, its not just for safety purposes its also for fuel mileage.

Chase Sutherland
5,875

john....the stock tune does not optimize a/f. the stock tune always plays on the safer side. thats why i said its not going to show much of a gain if at all but some changes could be made.

27,665

It optimized the a:f for the best fuel economy and the exhaust emissions combined. If there was a better way to tune it don't you suppose the factory would do it for sales alone. Being able to get better fuel economy is a huge sales pitch for every company so why would they hurt that. Its true you may get maybe 1 or 2 or if you're super lucky 3 more miles per gallon with the tuning but that will increase the NoX emissions causing the vehicle to no longer be "environmentally friendly". It will also increase the temp of the exhaust causing the vehicle to run much warmer on hotter days

Chase Sutherland
5,875

Fuel efficiency is a huge selling point but so is the engine life. Tunes from the factory are always on the safe side for every car. Maybe with a perfect tune he could gain 1 mpg but that's max. He can increase power though without losing fuel efficiency with a tune. For instance my gto makes an additional 10-20 hp with a proper tune over factory and doesn't lose fuel efficiency. Simply because the stock tune is on the safe side.