how do I tow it behind my motorhome?

JF33898
0

Asked by JF33898 Jun 18, 2013 at 07:03 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT

I have a roadmaster hitch set-up for the car.  I need to know what to do in order not to ruin the transmission.  I'm told put in neutral and remove a fuze.  What fuze and where do I find them?

31,795

I have never heard of an automatic transmission that you can tow without damaging something. Honda had one that they said that you could tow but I never believed it. The best way to find out is check with the dealer.

Racer_X
16,155

I would strongly recommend NOT towing the Chevy the way you planned...Instead, ante up a little cash and do it the safe way and keep all 4 wheels elevated and off the ground with a tow dolly, like the one pictured here that U-Haul rents: http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=AT

TPD
125

neither budget ,penske, uhaul have dolly to tow HHR with. Just wanted to tow one across country & wound up driving it. Will mess up tie rods definitedly if towed, and radiator if loaded down the road with a puncture hole..

Traveler74
10

Have towed 2002 tracker 4x4 auto, 40,000 miles, no problem. Transfer case in neutral, transmission in park.

31,795

That's cause the transfer case is disconnected from your transmission when in neutral, but beware if your transfer case fluid level gets too low bad things happen real fast.

Traveler74
10

Not trying to debate the issue, just telling of my own experience.