How do I tow a 2006 AWD Chevy Equinox behind a rental moving box truck?

dfreddiek
0

Asked by dfreddiek Nov 18, 2012 at 08:20 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD

All wheel drive

cj1991
45

All wheels on the road, or all wheels on a trailer. Not by a dolly. When u try to good an awd car with a dolly, the front tires are strapped to the dolly, and since all the wheels are sharing the drive train, you will simply drag the rear tires. I'd use a car trailer.

TonytheWoodsman
765

I looked up your 2006 Equinox owners manual. It says do not tow the car with any of the wheels on the ground,or you will ruin the drive line. Here is the link.http://pdfcast.org/pdf/2006-chevrolet-equinox-owner-manual

45,905

You could put the front wheels on a dolly and remove the drive shaft to the rear axle.

12,935

And tenspeed beat me to it again lol. Disconnect the battery when you do this. That way there is nothing left to chance with any sensors possibly doing anything, even though the key is off. I would say 99.9% chance of nothing happening but you never know with all the suspension monitoring systems on these newer vehicles. 0.1% is enough for me.

Andrew Mauch
45

On a trailer