I just bought a stock 2000 Subaru legacy gt limited. 5 speed sedan. I am wondering what are some inexpensive and/or more simple ways to give the engine a little boost or power. I'm looking to put a twin turbo in it in the future but for the time being is there anything I can do to bump it up a notch?

zookc2004
0

Asked by zookc2004 May 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM about the 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Nick Eidemiller
2,415

cobb tuning accessport chip, cold air or short ram intake and a more free flowing exhaust, off the top of my head I don't believe 2000 model gt's came with a turbo (could be wrong) if it's non turbo then that's about it without tearing the motor appart.

Jeff Smith
955

Honestly, with a non turbo Legacy GT, you aren't going to get much in terms of power. Different intakes just move your peak torque and horsepower around your power band, they don't actually increase it. Exhaust does more to sound than it does power, and your ECU isn't really tunable with anything like an AccessPort. To truly get power, you would have to either add a turbo or swap in a turbo motor. I would recommend swapping in a turbo motor over trying to add a turbo.