Car won't start.

Chris_Gunter
0

Asked by Chris_Gunter Jul 10, 2013 at 12:46 AM about the 1999 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Wagon

Replaced fuel pump 4 times, changed relay, & filters. The pump is only getting about 4
volts to it when read with a volt meter. I removed the hose from the filter and it's not
pumping to there. It's getting fire though. I've sprayed starting fluid into it and it will run
until that is burnt up (a few seconds). Any help would be appreciated.

judge_roy

sounds like the chassis ground isn't solidly connected to the battery...clean the lug what connects to the chassis with a wirebrush and the chassis too so three hundred cold-cranking amps can get through~...and the 1/0 battery cable going to the motor block too (near the alternator)~

judge_roy

a new battery please...one that's five is too old~

Chris_Gunter
0

Okay. I'll give these a try tomorrow. Thank you.

WayneLong
5

tried cleaning the grounds but still wont start.