I was wondering if a wrx exhaust would fit my legacy1999 gt?

Javi59
10

Asked by Javi59 Aug 04, 2013 at 10:55 AM about the 1999 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr GT AWD Sedan

judge_roy

probably....but why would one use an used exhaust system?...steel is cheap...steel pipes are pennies...just go for all new stuff~

Javi59
10

Its not a used wrx exhaust its a new one

Nick Eidemiller
3,805

Most likely it will not as a WRX is turbo and the Legacy GT you have is not, the pipe size is different so it wont bolt up correctly if your talking a full exhaust. If it's just a cat back or axel back then yes it should fit in theory but pipe size may still be an issue unless you put in an adapter.

Nick Keith
95

better answers from Subie owners on Facebook groups ie Iowa Subaru Club

Jeff Smith
1,485

It won't fit without modification to the catback or axleback. The midpipe on the catback needs to be cut, rotated, and extended in order for it to bolt up.