How do you reset the life guage on a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

LindaAC
0

Asked by LindaAC Mar 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

I got an oil change and I want to know how to reset the oil life guage on my Chevrolet Cobalt

Larry Quigley
4,960

First you turn the key on. Then hold the menu and reset buttons until the menu comes up. Release the rest button and scroll through the options to oil life reset. Then hold the reset until it says acknowledged then switch the key back off.

Edward Roeters
155

does your "o6 cobalt have any buttons on the steering wheel? if so, press the info button until it brings up the oil life monitor on the digital cluster display....then press the gas pedal three times. if it does not have the info button and an arrow button on the steering wheel, then simply press the gas pedal three times.

Packer
0

The two-button thing used to work for me, but then it stopped working. After trying dozens of combinations, this one has worked every time on my 2008 Cobalt LS. 1. Press all four buttons on the steering wheel concurrently. Hold for the count of 15. 2. Release. 3. "Oil Life Reset" should appear. If so, press and hold the bottom arrow button until it says, "ACKNOWLEDGED".