My Lights keep flashing after replacing the battery.

Kimber92
10

Asked by Kimber92 May 11, 2012 at 09:36 PM about the 1996 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Wagon

The head light, black lights, and and dash lights are blinking at intervals and I cannot find the reset button to fix this and my mom has the key fob remote some where. This happened right after replacing the battery and the manual was a bust
Also I think that trim package is right, it is my first car.

82,395

If you don't have the key fob try this.....On the driver's side, there is a black box with a small button located either in front of or behind the hood-release lever under the dash. Hold in the button, then insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position. Hold the button down and keep the key in the on position until the car locks click and the lights turn off (20 to 30 seconds). Then release the button and turn off the car. The computer should be reset.

Kimber92
10

There is no button that we could find, I believe every one with that button has an Out Back, this is not an Out Back. there is a plug in for the computer, but I do not have a plug in

Micko1981
25

i must say that you need to take it to the subaru dealer to have it reset with the select monitor they should not charge for it we never ever did but some do it is essential i think

Tom Hawkins
165

take both positive and negative terminals back off the batter. turn the key inside the car to the on position. then reconnect the battery.