1996 Subaru legacy wont start

bblondebabie03
0

Asked by bblondebabie03 Jun 05, 2012 at 12:27 AM about the 1996 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Sedan

I have a 1996 subaru leagcy and its gettin power the battery is brand new. i just replaced all spark plugs and wires. I was making a clicking sound to start it and it was running perfectly fine and all of a sudden just wouldnt start its trying to turn over. Does anyone know what it would possibly be?

Mike Chin
435

usually the clicking indicates that there is not enough power in the battery to turn over the motor when the ignition key is turned. a brand new battery that dies suddenly is caused by an inability to receive charge. check the Alternator and the wires. a mechanic or a parts store might also have a machine to check the Alternator.

Lindsay Pants
5

I was about to say alternater or air box. Check the pipes on the engine. One slipped off mine a month ago. it was under the main in take pipe. Its a back flow pipe. But, it effects the electronics and prevents the car form starting. I have since put a clamp on it.

JimmyJ
0

1 Clicking without motor turning over. Starter solenoid issue. 2 Motor sluggish when cranking over over . Battery issue.