Leak in Transmission Line

ruffrider
25

Asked by ruffrider Feb 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

While I was getting my oil changed the mechanic told me my transmission line had a leak nothing major but I should take to the dealer. Why would there be a leak problem with a 2006 cobalt w 50K highway miles?  You have no idea how many problems I've had due to poor construction or should I say planned obsolescence

Jon Romero
1,385

Everything has a shelf life, which can be lessened by environmental catalysts. Attributing "premature failure" due to "poor construction" is an incorrect hypothesis.

ruffrider
25

Whatever! These cars are designed to fail.....this way the customer spends alot of money running back and forth to the dealer or a mechanic! If you're lucky you find an hones one who feels sorry for you and gives you a break! I've been pretty lucky! LOL!

Cody Jencks
45

Jonathan is right. Line fittings seeping at 50k miles is hardly a sign of poor construction. You expect everything to be built to a standard of indestructibility? That is naive and ignorant. Parts fail no matter how well a car is made. What you do or the environment around the car does effects everything.