I have a 1992 Legacy wagon, the front wheels pull but the back wheels do not.

dw964
0

Asked by dw964 Feb 24, 2014 at 06:49 PM about the 1992 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Wagon

Have checked driveshaft and it turns when back wheels are turned. The auto transmission shifter has a shift lock button that has to pushed to put the car in gear,don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. When car in park and jacked up back wheels will turn,front will not.

Nick Eidemiller
3,645

sounds like either your center differential is shot (not the most likely thing) or the fuse has been put in to bypass the AWD. Look for that fuse and make sure it's not in place, the only time the fuse should be used is if you want to drive as a FWD vehicle or for towing the vehicle.