Will not start

tomtuttle
0

Asked by tomtuttle Dec 18, 2012 at 04:28 PM about the 1991 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Sedan

1991 Legacy.
Sat for 5 months, installed new alternator, now it will not start.
No power at ignition switch, battery fully charged.

Chris Whalen
205

is there any animal damage to any of the wiring after a car sits that long animals can wreak havoc on the electronics there could be a short somewhere as well unfortunately with a car that sat that long there is a long list of possibilities but i would start by checking the battery leads and tracing them as far as you can towards the ignition switch.