is the starter gear on ECVT tork converter all one peace or can it be knocked off and replaced

T_husband
0

Asked by T_husband Feb 09, 2012 at 11:54 AM about the 1991 Subaru Justy 4 Dr GL 4WD Hatchback

my tork converter workes just fine, but the starter teeth are shot. can they be replaced?

Tim Robson
95

your torque converter bolts to you flywheel and its on this that the starter (ring gear) is located and yes in most cases it can be replaced but you wont be able to "knock it off" it is put on in such a way that you need to chill one part heat the other and then you would still need a press to get the new gear on.