I have a 1992 Corvette convertible and while driving, all of the interior lights blink on and off. There is no consistent pattern involved. Any suggestions?

Asked by JimBu Sep 02, 2013 at 01:19 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Your chassis ground is clobbered up with corrosion...undo the black battery cable that attaches to the frame/chassis~~and coarse wirebrush this battery lug...and the place where it bolts too, we must assure at least 300 cold cranking amps can get though here and service the power needs of the ignition, fuel pump and accessories (dashboard) your main ground is "iffy"...proper grounding through wirebrushing the main black 1/0 cable should put it right....the reason....well dis-similar metals will always want to react (welding) which is no problem,.but creates a layer of "spent" material, so the next time you start it and have the big power draw and "weld" this ground connection again, it will NOT have the surface area that it once had and will continue to operate under a "brown-out" condition....this varying amperages available and varying voltages available will play HELL on your delicate electronics, btw~

Sound like it could be one of your door switches going bad. Work switch repeatedly with finger sometimes this will do the trick to one thats acting like yours is. Or Unplug door switches and see if problem goes away. If it does replace the switches.

Best Answer

There is a piece that is broken and missing from the door switch on the passenger's side door, which does not allow the switch to fully activate. I found that the fix is going to be very inexpensive and I can purchase the switch at Chief Auto Parts for under thirty dollars. Thanks for your assistance and response to this matter.

you have a ground problem. Or it cold be a bad light switch problem.

my 1991 corvette will blink also and set the alarm off if it is armed.i have noticed a sound coming from the passenger door when this happens.i can only assume there is a switch causing the problem,