How do I find out the original factory paint and convertible top color for my 96 Vette?

Beth Horne-Bowling
0

Asked by Beth Jun 11, 2013 at 02:13 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

My husband and I are disagreeing about the color of my 96 Vette. He says it looks dark green when in full sun, but I bought the car with the description as 'Black with a Tan top'. How do I find out what the original color is and if the top is correct? The interior is tan leather, so it makes sense that the top is tan as well, but what is the original paint color? Can you help me out? This is going to drive me batty!

rkomando
65

I have had success matching the factory paint by looking at the drcolorchip.com website.

mthorn
65

Corvette's have color code plates on the car. Unless it has been removed for some reason. Driver's side Open the door and look where the door ishinged to the body. On the body there should be a metal plate with 2 sets of numbers and letters. One set if the interior the other the exterior.color. If the is paint over the plate your car was repainted. Take the numbers from the plate and go to vettefacts.com and look up under 1996 model This will tell you the original colors of the car. Hope this helps. Mark

You think this is helpful.
Best Answer
Beth Horne-Bowling
0

Thank you very much! This was extremely helpful!

mthorn
65

You are welcome. The picture makes it look dark green. What did you find out ?